The Complete Works
About the book
The most comprehensive collection ever made on the work of the master luthier.
8 years of research, distilled into 6 volumes and 2000 pages, with unprecedented detail of provenances, printed to the finest technical standards.
Print run of 1000 copies
The subscribers' list at the end of volume VI will include all early patrons thus forming the most prestigious club of Stradivari aficionados.
As of April 2023, Volumes 1, 2 & 3 have been printed and are being bound. Work is underway on the remaining three volumes, as we near completion of the complete set.
The essential guide for collectors and experts
The collection documents all known instruments made by the Stradivari workshop, with clear and concise historical information on each. In addition, there are over 150 in-depth features of the most outstanding instruments, each containing 6 pages of detailed illustrations and historical information complemented by commentary from project leader John Dilworth.
- 800+ documented Antonio Stradivari instruments
- 8 years of research led by an international team of dealers, scholars and institutions
- Carefully edited provenances, checked across instruments, drawing where possible on original sources
- Highest-quality colour photographs complemented by black and white archive images
- New classification system that identifies instruments independently of name and year attribution
- An exclusive print run of 1000 copies per set of 6 volumes